Sunday 1 July 2012

Nail art with nail art tape.

So I saw some people use tape to get super straight lines, but I wanted to see what else I could do with it. Here is what I did ...

And here is how I did it...



 
First (well after a base coat) I applied a mix of base coat blotches. I thought bright colours would be best to make the colour stand out beneath the dark top colour. 

You could choose one colour or organise the colours more if you wanted something specific.

Make sure it is dry then apply a top coat. 



Once the top coat has dried apply the tape, ensuring you leave enough over the edges so you can peel it off later. 

It is important to make sure there are no bubble in the tape where the dark colour can seep into. 

Set them up how you like, checks, lines, letters whatever works!




Then add the top coat, I chose a dark colour for the contrast and to cover up the colour that I didn't want to show through. 

Let this dry and then peel off the tape and apply a clear top coat for protection.

And then marvel at your awesome nails :D 










As you could see I used a white tape, you can also get coloured tape and use that for the nail art like this...


I just got mine from Ebay, but I'm sure other places sell it. 
If I were to do this again I would put 2 bits of tape next to each other to make the stripes thicker, or find thicker tape. 

I hope you like this and try it for yourselves.
:)
JJ.





6 comments:

  1. These are so creative, i love them!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :D
      Also thank you for the blog link, I can't wait to read it! x

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I love how the colors pop against the black xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I have some more ideas with tape for later so keep an eye out :D x

      Delete
  3. ooooooh great idea!!! love this, and will totally give this a try myself!!

    LeaLea
    www.lealeaho.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it :D And thank you for your link, I look forward to reading your blog! x

      Delete